Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Internal Number: REQ-022022
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
Quality is in our DNA -- is it in yours?
You are a superhero when it comes to patient specimens. You've got problem-solving instincts, a passion for patient care, and the drive to keep things running smoothly. You're also looking for great benefits, the support of an all-star team, and an opportunity to grow your career.
Join our front line of #HealthcareHeroes! Our mission is to advance the health and wellbeing of our communities as a leader in clinical laboratory solutions.
Location: Las Vegas, NV 89128
Days: Monday - Friday
Hours: 10:00 AM - 6:30 PM
Full-time: Benefit Eligible
In this role, you will:
- Perform a vital part of the patient care process by making sure laboratory specimens are properly processed, prepared, routed, and stored
- Laboratory Assistant (histology) will aid with triaging slides to on-site and off-site pathologists.
- Processor maintenance, preparing bulk reagents and loading and offloading specimens from tissue processors.
- Champion safety, compliance, and quality control
All you need is:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous training or experience in specimen collection or processing
- Strong reading, writing, and analytical skills
- Ability to operate general laboratory equipment, including but not limited to: telephones, computers, centrifuges, and audible alarms.
Bonus points if you've got:
- 1 - 2 years of related experience in clinical laboratory, data entry, or production
Sonic Anatomic Pathology
We'll give you:
- Appreciation for your work
- A feeling of satisfaction that you've helped people
- Opportunity to grow in your profession
- Free lab services for you and your dependents
- Work-life balance, including Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Competitive benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Help saving for retirement, with a 401(k) plus a company match
- A sense of belonging - we're a community!
We also want you to know:
This role will have routine access to Protected Health Information (PHI). Employees will be trained on reasonable safeguards and are expected to maintain strict confidentiality, as well as abide by all applicable privacy and security standards. Employees are expected only to access PHI when it is required to fulfill job duties.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Laboratory Medicine Consultants LTD
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.