Performs all Computed Tomography exams; Performs quality control procedures as required by the manufacture; Evaluates all orders, verifies them with radiologist if needed, and ensures correct exam is performed. Properly screens all patients to ensure there are no contraindications for oral or IV contrast. Responsible for interacting with hospital staff and/or nursing departments regarding patient care, concerns, and conflicts by identifying and assisting in the resolutions. Responsible and accountable for maintaining performance skills. Routinely works weekends, holidays, evenings, nights, overtime, and/or on an on-call/call-back status, when needed. (This position summary contains the most relevant duties and responsibilities and does not exclude other assignments not mentioned.)
1. Must have current BCLS certification.
2. 2 years prior Computed Tomography and/or Radiographer experience preferred.
3. Membership in related professional organization preferred.
4. Must demonstrate commitment and adherence to STHS’s Compliance Program and Code of Conduct through compliance with all policies and procedures, the Code of Conduct, attendance at required training and immediately reporting suspected compliance issue(s) to the Compliance Officer.
EDUCATION / LICENSURE:
1. Graduate from an approved school in Radiologic Technology.
2. Licensed as a Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT) in the State of Texas
3. ARRT Certification (R) in Radiology (Technologists that are exempted from the ARRT certification must meet the requirement on Public Law 97-35.)
4. ARRT Certification(C) in Computed Tomography required.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE
· Minimum experience of performing extremities, thorax, abdomen, spine, skull exams. Some of these exams may be performed as portables.
· Familiarized with utilizing a C-Arm
· BCLS on hire
2. Computed Tomography
· Able to be trained in Computed Tomography.
· Able to operate a power injector.
· Able to perform various parts of the body from head to lower extremities.
· Familiarized with contraindications for contrast.
· Able to utilize critical thinking to ensure the proper procedure is being performed.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.