Location: Miami, Florida
Works under the supervision of the Clinical Coordinator and Manager of the department to perform general secretarial duties. Receives and relays clear and accurate communications, assists in coordination of patient flow during the shift, completes computer data entry, acts as a receptionist, and processes physician orders.
*** The department needs for the schedule of this position has changed and will now require Night shift scheduling ***
Job Specific Duties
- Serves as an inter-departmental communication liaison by facilitating communication with physicians, patients and families.
- Handles all incoming phone calls and walk-ins in an efficient manner. Maintains phone sign in/out log.
- Maintains a consult log (not limited to physician, social work, psychologist, respiratory etc.) to verify call information. Follows up with calls and correspondence.
- Assists staff with patient requests and needs.
- Performs tasks appropriately and timely during medical code activation, trauma activation, or code orange.
- Provides typing, filing, photocopying and clerical services as necessary for the department including scanning of documents. Facilitates scanning and maintains filing for the department.
- Assists team with transfers of patients to other facilities.
- Reports, facilitates and follows up on any non-functioning equipment for servicing or other issues needing immediate attention.
- Secures resources for patient care (linen, pumps, medical supplies).
- Notifies correct primary care physician upon admission.
- Follows appropriate downtime procedures including chart breakdown, as well as ensuring completion of chart checklist.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Prior customer service experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school education or equivalent preferred
- Two years' experience in fast-paced administrative role within healthcare industry preferred
- Basic knowledge in use of computers and ability to learn appropriate software applications
- MS Office, Microsoft Word and Excel helpful
- Demonstrates an understanding of HIPAA (Health Information Portability & Accountability Act of 1996) regulations
- Knowledge of medical terminology
Nursing- Support (Non-Clinical)
Primary Location :
Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
EMERGENCY ROOM NURSING-2100-670600