Location: Rye Brook, New York
Internal Number: REQ-019355
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
Receives, sorts, accessions and transcribes clinical data information from all requisitions received. Incorporates clinical data including but not limited to all case types received throughout all shifts.
- Receive and sort medical samples by specialty type for laboratory testing; this includes courier check in and opening packages.
- Reconcile all specimens received using SpecRec lab flow application by scanning each requisition or manually entering in absence of barcode, printing a recon ID if no barcode is present or if the barcode is not working.
- Verify the number of bags and jars and the type of specimens received against the courier's manifest.
- Discrepancies will be brought to the attention of the driver, the ThyroSeq (TSQ) triage coordinator or the Dispatch Coordinator and will be noted on the "Reconciliation Discrepancy Log".
- Run daily reports for Requisition and Specimen accountability.
- Ability to key all test requisitions, averaging no more than 3 minutes per accession.
- Return all unused TSQ material to the clients.
- Good problem solving skills needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned and directed by your supervisor or manager not limited to data entry.
- Receive and sort medical requisition by specialty
- Accession cases according to case types and should be within the department's productivity standards.
- Accurately read, interpret and transcribes clinical data information from all requisitions, including hand-written clinical data.
- Must be able to identify and prioritize cases categorized as HIGH, STAT, and PRIORITY.
- Must be able to identify samples that are not processed in-house (Send Out).
- Assist in generating and managing reports as directed by the Supervisor.
- Ensure requisitions are scanned into OnBase system for company-wide access via web site at the end of every accession.
- Must be able to identify discrepancies from information previously entered against the requisition, includes documentation via quality assurance flag.
- Work with pathologist when necessary to streamline workflow, trouble shoot issues and make entry process more efficient.
- Identify and apply client specific instructions when applicable.
- Compose and communicate correspondences between Lab and Medical Operations.
- Other duties as directed by the supervisor and/or department's manager on a daily basis pertaining to the Non-Technical operations.
Sonic Anatomic Pathology
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
CBL Path, Inc.
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.