Location: Wilmington, Delaware
Nemours is seeking a Switchboard Supervisor to join our team in Wilmington, DE! This position provides leadership, daily management and oversight of 24x7x365 call center operations. This is a working supervisor who is required to perform the standard duties of an operator and participate in daily operational functions during staffing shortages.
The Supervisor is responsible for the overall operations of the DV Switchboard and Access Operator team, including developing, implementing and continual improving upon processes to ensure quality work and adherence to Nemours policies and standards, and regulatory requirements. The Switchboard Supervisor assures that a high performance work team is developed through coaching, mentoring, and daily briefings. Ensures daily real-time management by providing associates with the proper tools and educational opportunities needed to perform successfully. The Supervisor, with input from department leaders maintains ultimate responsibility for selection and hiring, discipline and performance management of all staff. Establishes and maintains collaborative relationship with other departments. Supports the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives and demonstrates a commitment of quality service to our patients and their families.
- Manage complex staff schedule
- Flexible availability - The Switchboard is considered "Essential Personnel". Therefore, it is necessary to make arrangements to report in on severe weather days.
- Provide development opportunities for associates
- Investigate and respond to customer complaints with appropriate follow up and in a timely manner
- Weekly auditing of the teams' calls for quality
- Daily, weekly and monthly reporting on performance metrics and delivery of monthly scorecards
- Frequent one on ones with the associates
- Facilitate staff meetings
- Uses problem solving skills to identify root causes and implement process improvements
- Deliver a positive patient and family experience in all encounters
- Responsible for participation in departmental and hospital programs.
- After hours On Call when needed
- Cross Training in ED
- Minimum of 3 years in a supervisor position or comparable leadership role
- Associates Degree preferred
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills including complaint resolution and service recovery
- Microsoft Excel skills at an intermediate level and currently using on a daily basis
- Healthcare experience a plus
- Call Center experience required
- Excellent computer skills