Requisition ID: 2023-9441 Position Type: Full-Time Schedule Shift: Day Hours Per Week: 38 Travel: None Category: Faculty/Academic
Overview The Program Director is responsible for the overall direction of the AAS in Sonography Technology Program, to include organization, administration, periodic review, continued development, and general effectiveness.
The Program Director reports to the Dean, is a member of the Leadership Team, and serves as one of the primary representatives of the College of Pharmacy and Health Professions. The Program Director has shared responsibility for developing and following the strategic plan that supports the mission, goals and objectives of the Program, College and University. The Program Director is responsible for working effectively and collegially with the other members of the leadership team and to represent their Program.
Responsibilities • Responsible for directing/administrating the Program’s master plan of education in such a manner as to produce a professional (Sonographic Technologist) in the health care field that will assist Physicians to diagnose and aid in the treatment of seriously ill patients.
• Prepares for and teaches courses every semester.
• Conducts regular meetings.
• Develops an assessment plan to ensure the effectiveness of the Program.
• Prepares agendas for Advisory Committee meetings.
• Assesses student learning outcomes at the course, programmatic and institutional level.
• Maintains educational materials and resources.
• Coordinates student advisement.
• Acts as liaison between Program and clinical affiliates.
• Maintains radiation monitoring records in coordination with Clinical Coordinator.
• Participates in Quality Assessment and continuous quality improvement activities.
• Participates in Department and Administrative Conferences.
• Maintains program accreditation, program outcomes and effectiveness data.
Touro University is an equal opportunity employer. Touro University treats all employees, job applicants, and students without unlawful consideration of race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition), age, disability, medical condition, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military service or veteran status, citizenship status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We are committed to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy in all decisions, including but not limited to, recruitment, the administration of educational programs and activities, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, placement, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff, suspension, expulsion and termination, and all other terms and conditions of admission, matriculation, and employment.
Inquiries or complaints concerning the non-discrimination policies should be sent to Zachary Shapiro, 690 Walnut Ave, Suite 210, Vallejo, California, 94592, firstname.lastname@example.org (707-638-5459) or, alternatively, to the Chief Compliance Officer at email@example.com and 646-565-6000 x55330.