Location: Margaretville, New York
Admin / Clerical
To perform the work necessary to process an accurate and efficient hospital patient registration and secure the necessary supporting documentation.
- Obtains demographics and financial information. Data enters per established computer system and electronic billing requirements.
- Obtains signatures and consent from patient/family member. Assures patient identification by preparing ID card and ID bracelet for admission and outpatient surgery patients.
- Maintains room/bed control in cooperation with nursing staff. Notifies switchboard of admission, discharges, and transfers.
- Maintains accounts to assure accuracy, completion and to maximize reimbursement. Assures pre-certification done.
- Initiates pre-admission/pre-registration process by interviewing patients and preparing account/record in advance.
- Educates patient: To notify insurance co, of planned admission/survey/tests and determine precert./second opinion requirements; of responsibility for paying copay/deductible at time of service; reviews Patients Bill of Rights, Advanced Directives and Your Rights as a hospital Patient in NYS Booklet; interprets department and hospital policies and procedure
- Maintains integrity of the medical record retrieval system and database by performing appropriate name search and name input. Maintains security code confidentiality.
- Night clerk will fax notification for patients with managed care insurance that require pre-certification to the appropriate insurance company. Admit patients that are scheduled for ADS/Ops surgery for the next morning and prepare charts, plates and wrist bands. The night clerk will do all the registration functions and data entry .
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Customer Service, Computer/Data Entry, prior clerical experience (health care desired). Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
On the job
Minimum typing skills of 30 wpm, Windows 95 typing proficiency
Margaretville Hospital, in Margaretville, NY, is home to Delaware County's most advanced critical-care access hospital. This 15-bed facility cares for more than 240 inpatients annually while performing 14,000 outpatient procedures each year. Margaretville Hospital was named one of the top 100 critical-access hospitals in the nation by the National Rural Health Association. It provides emergency care, ambulatory care services, laboratory testing, medical imaging, physical and occupational therapy, swing-bed rehabilitation programs, respite care, and board-certified specialist and wellness education.