Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org .
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Emergency Only on Call
Local Regional Travel Daily
The Regional Facilities Maintenance Technician provides our Regional Facilities (on and off-campus) with preventative, re-active and emergency maintenance on a routine basis. The Regional Facilities Maintenance Technician ensures that all facilities are maintained in a safe and effective manner.
Responsibilities: 1. Adds value as a key member of the facilities maintenance team understands regulatory compliance, all forms of maintenance strategies and the key components of excellent customer service.
2. Works in constant coordination with the site managers as well as the on-site hospital Facilities Maintenance team to provide service to our customers at both on and off-site locations.
3. Completes and appropriately documents all work assigned to Regional Facilities Maintenance crew.
4. Provides support to the Regional Facilities Maintenance Manager, Safety Team and the Facilities Director.
5. Provides backup coverage to other Regional Facilities Maintenance Technicians as needed or required.
6. Provides staff and management updates when needed.
7. Communicates Engineering/Maintenance issues to both internal and external hospital departments and contacts.
8. Assists in the review, oversite and execution of projects to be performed by Regional Facilities Maintenance Technicians and/or outside vendors.
9. Works in coordination with the Planning, Design and Construction Staff and external contractors within individual off-site departments on an as-needed basis.
10. Performs preventive and breakdown maintenance.
11. Performs assigned Environment of Care inspections and routine regulatory physical checks such as exit/emergency light inspections, fire extinguishers inspections and generator runs as required.
12. Follows and enforces Joint Commission and CMS regulations.
13. Available for emergency on-call maintenance when needed.
14. Local daily travel required.
15. Other duties as required.
Other information: Technical Expertise 1. Experience in building maintenance is required.
2. Experience with electric, plumbing, HVAC, and refrigeration is required.
3. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
4. Experience with building codes, NFPA, and life safety regulations is preferred.
5. Experience in Joint Commission and CMS regulatory bodies is preferred.
6. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
7. Strong communication, both verbal and written, is required.
8. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills are required.
9. Strong ability to work both independently and as a valued team member is required.
10. Ability to read blueprints and wiring diagrams are required.
11. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint] or similar software is required. High level of proficiency with CMMS and Building Automation software required.
Education and Experience 1. Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required is required.