Location Address: 601 East Altamonte Drive Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Altamonte
Located north of Orlando in the community of Altamonte Springs, our facility is consistently named “Best Hospital” for overall quality, reputation, doctors and nurses by local residents.
As the largest satellite campus within the AdventHealth system, AdventHealth Altamonte has been providing state-of-the-art healthcare to the community since 1973.
The 398-bed hospital cares for more than 168,000 patients a year. We are proud to be revolutionizing health care with visionary leadership and world-class resources. If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the RN opportunity with AdventHealth Altamonte and apply online today.
FT M-F 8a-5p
You Will Be Responsible For:
Performs properly, legibly documents and reports all procedures and assessments in accordance with department policy.
· Obtains or delegates the obtaining of a nursing history. Evaluates for age-appropriate behavior motor skills and physiological norms of the patient. Completes the admission assessment, including pain screening. Completes all follow-up assessments and evaluations. Assesses for signs of abuse or neglect.
· Evaluates patients’ developmental level, identifies increased physical/emotional dependency needs and evaluates availability of support system consistent with the age of the patient served.
· Performs treatments and administers medications, identifies needs and plan of care, functions appropriately in clinical emergencies, evaluates effectiveness of interventions, interprets and verifies physician orders correctly, investigates questionable situations. Takes clinical and operational direction from the Outpatient Nurse Manager.
· Identifies the need for patient teaching and utilizes each opportunity for teaching on a planned or spontaneous basis; able to identify individualized plan of care. Assesses and interprets data relative to patient age.
· Participates in practice changes as a result of performance improvement activities; oversees accurate documentation and monitoring of activities as needed. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department.
· Follows CDC isolation guidelines, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, performs hand washing according to policy, and enforces safety regulations.
· Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department or unit
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care to age specific groups identified in the direct care responsibilities, utilizing the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the department. The RN adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.