YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Research Budget Specialist II at AdventHealth Orlando
Location Address: 800 N MAGNOLIA AVE, Orlando, 32803
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando:
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
Work Hours/Shift: FT Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
• Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth Orlando’s service standards.
• Reads and reviews clinical trial/study protocols, grant proposals, informed consent forms, and other related documents and develops a budget for negotiation purposes.
• Negotiates budgets and contract terms with sponsors or grantors, and prepares necessary supporting documents as requested by the sponsor or grantor.
· Works with subject matter experts and core services to develop detailed grant budgets based on Principal Investigator's input and study/project needs. Revises budgets as needed to not exceed yearly grant disbursements without prior approval of department leadership.
• In coordination with the research team, ensures coverage analysis is performed accurately and in compliance with all applicable regulations and institutional requirements
• Keeps abreast of Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), National Coverage
• Determination (NCD) for Routine Costs in Clinical Trials (310.1), and other regulatory updates to best inform the coverage analysis process
• Translates study budget into contract language and budget negotiations as needed
• Advises PIs, researchers, and departmental staff in the compliant clinical regulatory and fiscal conduct of projects
• Provides assistance in proper interpretation of research award terms and conditions, applicable regulations, and institutional policies and procedures to ensure compliance (e.g. Stark Law, Anti-Kickback, Safe Harbor, etc.)
• In collaboration with the research team, and other stakeholders, makes recommendations on to institutional policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations regarding research billing compliance
• Assists with special projects in research administration processes as assigned
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
• Proficient in understanding clinical trial protocols and budgets
• Able to interact with a variety of professionals in multiple hospital departments
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
• Attention to detail, organized, strong analytical skills, and self-starter
• Key focus on customer service, timely and appropriate communications, able to meet fixed deadlines, and multi-task high volume of complex workload requirements
• Ethical and diplomatic with an ability to provide excellent customer service
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Associate degree in business administration, finance, healthcare, or research-related field
• One to two years of experience in clinical research (industry/pharmaceutical and/or federal grants), billing compliance, research contract management, research administration, or budget development
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
• Knowledge of healthcare compliance and federal regulations related to clinical research
• Knowledge of AdventHealth policy and procedures regarding clinical research
• Knowledge of research regulatory environment
• Knowledge of medical terminology
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
• Bachelor’s degree in nursing, business administration, finance, healthcare, or research-related field
• Advanced experience in Excel (V-Lookups, Pivot Tables, Index, etc.)
• Experience in clinical research budget development and negotiation
• Experience with coverage analysis, research rate setting and interpretation of protocol for budget development and negotiation with industry sponsor
• Experience in medical coding or billing
• More than three years of experience in clinical research (industry/pharmaceutical and/or federal grants), billing compliance, research contract management, research administration, or budget development
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
Certification by a professional research organization such as Society of Clinical Research Associates (SOCRA), Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP), Society of Research Administrators (SRA), National Council of University Research Administrators (NCURA), Research Administrator’s Certification Council (RACC)
The Research Budget Specialist II, in collaboration with Principle Investigators, researchers, departmental staff, and other ancillary staff is responsible for analyzing and drafting complex clinical trial or grant budgets. Negotiates mutually satisfying terms and conditions for pharmaceutical sponsored, Cooperative group, and institutional clinical trials. Reviews and analyzes clinical trial protocols to determine appropriate cost allocation, resources, and adherence to all applicable regulations and institutional standards. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.