Biomedical Clinical Engineering Lead – AdventHealth Orlando
Location Address: 601 E. Rollins St., Orlando, FL 32801
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
Full Time, Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
Maintains clinical equipment through the effective use of the Medical Equipment Management Program. Supervises biomedical technicians, and is responsible for workload management, overseeing shop operations and ensuring timely performance of maintenance activities. As needed, performs a variety of tasks associated with the installation, maintenance, calibration, and repair of complex biomedical equipment. The individual demonstrates adherence to the AdventHealth core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork in all professional interactions. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
What You Will Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Associate degree in biomedical equipment technology or electronics
Six (6) years of experience in the repair and maintenance of medical equipment.
Six (6) years of military training, or other experience in the repair and maintenance of medical equipment.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
Active CBET Certification.
Working familiarity with all current accreditation standards such as TJC, DNV.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Knowledge of applicable trade areas
Intermediate computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook required)
Maturity, self-development, and integrity
Ability to deal with high-stress/pressure situations
Ability to manage complex customer situations
The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing
Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
Determines the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job
Basic CE-IT knowledge
Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming
Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth Orlando’s service standards.
• Establishes work priorities and provides daily supervision and support to all assigned staff
• Demonstrates exceptional customer service, while interacting effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff as well as the broader health care community
• Administers coaching, delivers performance feedback and provides discipline with guidance and assistance from the Clinical Engineering Manager
• Makes critical decisions in absence of the Clinical Engineering Manager
• Enforces AdventHealth and facility policies and procedures.
• Supervises and occasionally performs installation, troubleshooting, repair and calibration of clinical equipment
• Supervises the maintenance of a calibration program for electronic and safety testing equipment used by the department
• Oversees administrative responsibilities of the department, including work order control, maintenance history records, and safety inspection requests and repair parts inventory records
• Provides strong verbal/written communications consistent with assigned tasks
• Assists in the evaluation of new equipment, accessories and supplies, and ordering of parts and supplies necessary for the servicing of biomedical equipment
• Investigates safety issues, hazards and equipment incidents
• On-Call rotation and AHexible work time may be required.
• Communicates the need for proper planning, time utilization, high quality and cost containment.
• Assists in the evaluation of new equipment, accessories, and supplies and the development of detailed purchase specifications.
• Provides mentoring and guidance to BMETs, evaluates skill set and recommends continual training for technicians.
• Provides leadership in the management of major projects.
• Supervises the administrative responsibilities of the department including; work order control, maintenance of history records, PM and safety inspections, purchase requests, repair parts and clinical equipment inventory records.
• Establishes and maintains supporting technical literature.
• Maintains working knowledge of the Computerized Medical Maintenance System (CMMS).
• Executes the Medical Equipment Management Plan (MEMP) daily.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.