Registered Nurse Outpatient Oncology Float Role (Going to Multiple Hospitals in Central Florida Division)
Location Address:7727 Lake Underhill Rd, Orlando, FL 32822
Radiation Oncology Building behind ED building
Will be floating to Orlando, East Orlando, Altamonte, and Kissimmee Hospitals as needed
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth East Orlando
AdventHealth East Orlando, a 293-bed full service community hospital that serves as one of Florida Hospital’s seven satellite facilities, became part of the AdventHealth system in 1990. At AdventHealth East Orlando, we strive to improve our patients’ quality of life through a holistic approach to health care — mind, body and spirit — while remaining at the forefront of medical innovation.
During the past ten years, we’ve invested more than $122 million in facility improvements to serve the growing community. Among the recent additions and openings, we have an expanded emergency room, a center for Medical Simulation and Education, a Children’s Emergency Center, a Renovated Cancer Institute, and a new 40-bed inpatient nursing unit.
The hospital is also home to the AdventHealth Orthopaedic Institute at East Orlando as well as a comprehensive urology program
FT M-F 8a-5p
You Will Be Responsible For:
Performs properly, legibly documents and reports all procedures and assessments in accordance with department policy.
· Obtains or delegates the obtaining of a nursing history. Evaluates for age-appropriate behavior motor skills and physiological norms of the patient. Completes the admission assessment, including pain screening. Completes all follow-up assessments and evaluations. Assesses for signs of abuse or neglect.
· Evaluates patients’ developmental level, identifies increased physical/emotional dependency needs and evaluates availability of support system consistent with the age of the patient served.
· Performs treatments and administers medications, identifies needs and plan of care, functions appropriately in clinical emergencies, evaluates effectiveness of interventions, interprets and verifies physician orders correctly, investigates questionable situations. Takes clinical and operational direction from the Outpatient Nurse Manager.
· Identifies the need for patient teaching and utilizes each opportunity for teaching on a planned or spontaneous basis; able to identify individualized plan of care. Assesses and interprets data relative to patient age.
· Participates in practice changes as a result of performance improvement activities; oversees accurate documentation and monitoring of activities as needed. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department.
· Follows CDC isolation guidelines, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, performs hand washing according to policy, and enforces safety regulations.
· Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department or unit
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care to age specific groups identified in the direct care responsibilities, utilizing the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the department. The RN adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.