At Banner Health, we set leaders up to succeed. We ensure executives have the staff and facilities their vision requires. Join a nationally recognized health care leader that values excellence and begin making a difference in people's lives.
At Banner we are tapestry of cultures, and experiences. A workforce that is honored to serve, and support the community. If you're looking to leverage your abilities - you belong at Banner Health.
In the highly visible role of Pharmacy Senior Director for Oncology, you will provide leadership and oversight of the medication use process to ensure safety, quality, and program optimization within the organization. You will be responsible for supporting the full range of oncology clinical, administrative, and distributive pharmaceutical services in all locations that provide oncology services. Further, the Senior Director provides leadership for all oncology pharmacy programs, including patient care services for both inpatient and outpatient care, clinical consultative services, investigational research, and business affairs of the oncology pharmacy service line. Our ideal candidate will be a Pharm D, be board certified in Oncology and Pharmacotherapy, and have 5-7 years of leadership experience.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits. In addition, this position may be eligible for our Management Incentive Program as part of your Total Rewards package. Banner Pharmacy Services division provides excellent patient care across our entire continuum through convenient access, improved medication outcomes and innovative pharmacy practices. Banner Pharmacy Services will be recognized nationally as a clinical leader and trusted partner in proactively providing innovative pharmacy services through excellence in integration, care coordination, medication management and service to make a difference in people's lives. Banner is expanding its focus from being a hospital company to a clinical quality company focused on population health management. Clinical Pharmacy Services are also included in this robust new service line and are responsible for the management of the Banner formulary, development of standardized system wide clinical pharmacy services, and management of adverse drug event preventions. Clinical Pharmacy Services provides collaborative drug therapy management and educational interventions in patient care to optimize medication therapy, improve outcomes, promote wellness, and disease prevention.
This position is responsible for leading, developing and coordinating pharmacy operations and services at facilities within assigned Region. This position supervises all facility-based staff in the assigned region. Additionally, this position will focus on developing standard practices and procedures which align appropriately with those of Banner Pharmacy Services. This position develops services that provide and enhance quality patient care, while promoting fiscal responsibility in the utilization of resources. This position must also adhere to local, state, and federal laws regarding the profession of pharmacy practice. In the acute care setting, must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient's being served.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides leadership and oversight of all pharmacy operations, programs and services within the assigned region. Develops programs, goals and objectives consistent with those of Banner and Banner Pharmacy Services overall strategic plans and initiatives.
2. Develops or oversees operational and capital budgets, manages operating expenses and key indicators within the budget. Develops, implements, coordinates, monitors, evaluates and integrates pharmacy services that contribute to the overall success and financial viability of pharmacy services in the region. Uses creativity in the delivery of services and products in a highly competitive market.
3. Evaluates performance relative to need for improvement of processes to assure the safe and appropriate delivery of medications. Plans, supports and leads quality improvement efforts for relevant pharmacy processes and medication management issues Leads and participates in clinical quality improvement efforts to support Banner clinical standards. Assures data related to quality improvement efforts is managed and measured responsibly. Defines and resolves issues related to medication distribution systems and processes.
4. Manages staff and leadership resources by overseeing the recruiting, selecting, hiring, orienting qualified individuals. Additionally, supports a comprehensive approach to professional development of staff. Evaluates staff performance in an accurate, consistent, objective and timely manner. Develops core position hiring strategies.. Creates a cohesive pharmacy team, both at regional and system wide levels, committed to providing operational, clinical and service quality to all customers.
5. Supports the development and evaluation of system policies and procedures, and assures all facilities in prevue are similarly engaged. Supports development, when necessary, of Standard Operating Procedures enabling facility compliance with system standards. Ensures compliance with state and federal regulatory agency standards. Accurately and completely documents patient assessment data and clinical interventions.
6. Participates in appropriate local and regional hospital and medical staff committees and serves as a professional resource for physicians, clinicians and leadership. collaborates with physicians and clinicians, in interdisciplinary efforts to improve the clinical quality of care offered in Banner hospitals.
7. Works independently under limited supervision. Makes independent judgments and decisions affecting a broad scope of company business within assigned region. This position has internal interaction with the other members of the administrative staff, clinical department directors, as well as members of the medical staff. Externally this position has interaction with other healthcare executives, professional associations, consultants, vendors, and regulatory and accrediting agencies. This position maintains a high level of external interaction to ensure that the company remains a leader in the provision of supplies and materials.
Requires Advanced Degree (Pharm. D.) in pharmacy or equivalent level of education and current pharmacy licensure in the applicable state of practice. Expert-level working knowledge of principles, practices, and operations in assigned or related area of responsibility as normally obtained through a minimum of five years of progressively responsible managerial experience, including a minimum of two years management level experience within a healthcare system setting or large multi-operational, complex corporate environment.
Depending upon assigned area of responsibility, position may require applicable certifications and/or licensures, including but not limited to; Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist (BCPS) and Board Certified Oncology Pharmacist (BCOP).
Must demonstrate expert-level knowledge and awareness of area of expertise in designated facility, business entity or area and/or experience in which the knowledge, skills, and abilities are directly transferrable. Proven track record of driving successful performance outcomes and accomplishing organizational goals. Must demonstrate skills and business acumen through direct leadership experiences such as: Anticipating and responding to the needs of internal and external customers; managing a budget and financial plans; building partnerships with management, staff, and stakeholders to achieve department goals and objectives; managing problems and situations where uncertainty is inherent; persuading others to adopt a particular stance on an issue; developing and evaluating best practices and emerging trends for organizational applicability and appropriateness; constructing new and innovative solutions for complex and varying problems and situations while considering the larger perspective or context; mentoring and coaching staff by providing open and honest feedback to enhance performance; developing and implementing strategic goals and initiatives that support organizational success; demonstrating excellent human relations, organizational and communication skills; demonstrating a passion about continuously improving and providing high quality care and service excellence to customers, patients, families, employees and/or physicians.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.