Help change health care; help change the world. Make real change in health care with the freedom to innovate and highly trained staff to execute your vision. Apply today to join the Banner Health leadership team.
Banner Health is currently seeking an IT Operations Director position responsible for managing the Banner Health IT Service Discovery Processes, including Configuration management as well as Event Management. Configuration Management development will also include the design and deployment of Service mapping, a critical IT initiative that will increase the visibility of how our systems are integrated for better visibility and uptime for our patients.
This position will collaborate with IT system management teams to establish an event management process leveraging ServiceNow. This position will also work closely with the IT Asset Management team to provide a holistic approach encompassing the Service Asset and Configuration Management process (SACM).
Ideal candidates must be able to communicate and present in front of different audiences including executive level, have a personable presence that projects confidence and diplomacy which in turn elicits trust, as well as a "services first" mentality which is a focused on the customer experience. Additionally, this leader should have a proven ability to develop talent, build and lead teams and assess individuals and mentor through improvements.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits. In addition, this position may be eligible for our Management Incentive Program as part of your Total Rewards package. Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
This position is responsible for planning, organizing and day to day management of information technology projects, applications and professionals. Incumbent participates in the development and implementation of information technology strategies to achieve desired outcomes. Incumbent is expected to work with management across diverse areas and multiple states to pursue system wide solutions and approaches.
1. Hires, trains, conducts performance evaluations, and supervises the workflow for designated staff. This includes initiating promotions, transfers and disciplinary actions. This includes establishing priorities, workloads, controls and work procedures, as well as determines resources needed.
2. Participates and may lead task forces to plan, implement, and coordinate facility activities to maximize service quality, effectiveness and efficiency.
3. Participates in the design, direction, and coordination of information technology projects, systems or applications. Ensures that department and company standards are implemented and consistently adhered to, ensuring current and future reliability and functionality.
4. Identifies, investigates, tracks, and resolves project, system or application errors ensuring the solution is timely and of acceptable quality.
5. Provides expertise and direction while participating in the planning of information technology department and customer's strategic objectives and goals.
6. Participates in feasibility studies, request for information/proposal (RFI/RFP) assembly, return on investment (ROI) calculations, capital or operating budgets or other high level strategic planning sessions.
7. May conduct project planning for assigned work streams following the current selected methodology including: managing tasks, deliverables and milestones; identify and track project issues, risks, decisions and action items; will perform weekly status updates and update team dashboards; manage changes to plans through change controls and re-base lining processes; plan & schedule meetings as necessary, create agendas and documenting minutes; help prepare work stream deliverables.
8. This position has company wide responsibility for selected information technology projects, systems or applications. Work is performed in a fast paced multi-tasked environment where there may be conflicting priorities or tight deadlines. The incumbent has decision-making authority for projects and applications and works at peer level with management across diverse areas and multiple states. The incumbent participates in meetings, presentations, visioning sessions, strategic and planning sessions, implementation activities, and supports functions system wide. Maintains and applies a broad knowledge of company policies, procedures, and legal and regulatory requirements.Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards.
Must possess strong knowledge as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in related field plus progressive experience in a healthcare environment, or equivalent combination of relevant education, technical, business and healthcare experience typically achieved in 8 years. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, may require licensure in specialty area (ie, Pharmacy, RRT, Nursing)Must demonstrate substantial knowledge of information technology, healthcare, and/or operations for an assigned specialty area. Needs significant proven leadership experience in large scale project planning, reporting, and budgeting. May need experience with specific IT process methodology depending on assigned areas of responsibility.Requires exceptional communication, presentation, and negotiation skills to engage technical and non-technical audiences. Requires leadership skills with ability to lead, communicate, and interact across facilities and at various levels. Successful candidate will have skills and experience to recruit, mentor, motivate, evaluate, and retain staff. As is typical in this industry, variable shifts and hours and carrying/responding to a pager may be required.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.