Location Address:3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Responsible for the institution of strategic initiatives to achieve goals and the daily management and operations of the emergency service line.
· Collaborates with administrative team and physicians to coordinate meetings and activities for the Division of Emergency Services.
· Collaborates closely with other clinical and nonclinical managers and directors.
· Defines, implements and manages methods to improve patient flow, turnaround times, and kep performance indicators for emergency services, observation medicine, regional transfer center and patient flow metrics.
· Develops business plans for increasing market share and expansion of emergency service line and implements after approval of administrative team.
· Plans, organizes and coordinates the emergency service departments efficiently and effectively as measured by budgetary, productivity and performance improvement targets.
· Collaborates with marketing and community agencies to market services and to increase access to emergency services for the communities served.
· Establish outreach programs for the community to promote emergency services, preventative health maintenance, screening and education.
· Develops and reviews department specific policies, procedures, and protocols on an annual and ongoing basis.
· Develops, implements and analyzes quality improvement activities and outcomes of the department.
· Manages department budget: manages all departmental resources in line with established budget. Identities and recommends activities to enhance revenues and reduce costs.
· Initiates activities to enhance revenues and support cost reduction and containment activities.
· Initiates and/or participates in methods to reduce salary expenses (i.e., FTE reduction, skill mix changes, Overtime usage, PRN usage, Agency Usage, and census fluctuation).
· Shows evidence of productivity as measured by the goals of worked and paid FTE’s, and actively manages the overall department budget.
· Collaborates effectively with clinical informatics and AHS-IS to design processes that promote patient safety, patient satisfaction and efficiency while maximizing utilization of CPOE and the EMR.
· Coordinates the development of clinical pathways utilizing research and evidenced-based practice. Works closely with physicians and staff to improve compliance and patient outcomes.
· Functions in accordance with specific policies and procedures within the scope of services for all patient populations unless specified otherwise; infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric, for the emergency service department.
· Ensures high-quality service in compliance with all federal, state and local accrediting bodies rules, regulations, statutes, requirements, and standards including Joint Commission, AHCA, measured through quality control, performance improvement and customer satisfaction survey results.
· Contributes to the recruitment and retention of employees by actively engaging in planning for retention and recruitment strategies with the CNO.
· Serves as a hospital liaison and representative with medical staff, hospital staff, sister facilities and the community agencies.
· Oversees human resource functions for departments managed. Ensures they are adequately staffed with appropriately trained and competent healthcare providers; supervising hiring, evaluating and disciplining as needed.
· Coordinates patient transfers and contract agreements collaboratively with sister facilities and other health care agencies.
· Ensures that the department is adequately equipped. Evaluates and strategically plans for capital equipment and disaster needs.
· Collaborates with PI department to identify trends in data and coordinates implementation of changes in processes to affect clinical outcomes.
· Collaborates with PI and Department Directors on disease specific certifications to ensure that we are in compliance at all times.
· In collaboration with Safety Officer and FHT Administration, ensures on-going emergency management and disaster preparedness compliance with state and federal regulations.
· Responsible to grow the Emergency Department Service line, to increase market share, increase volumes, while ensuring financial viability and highest possible quality and service to patients and physicians.
· Chairs emergency services related operational committees in collaboration with the medical director and leadership team.
· Ensures resolution of employee and patient satisfaction concerns in a timely manner, ensuring they have been thoroughly investigated and appropriate actions taken as well as reported as required.
· Represents FHT in a professional manner to staff, visitors and the community FHT’s mission and core values.
· Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
· Effective communication among employees, and between employees, patients, visitors and supervisors is essential to ensure quality patient care and to avoid misunderstanding, errors and miscommunications which could have a detrimental effect on the health, safety and well-being of patients and co-workers.
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference to practical situations.
· Must have some knowledge and experience in performing the duties associated with:
· Knowledge of Emergency room standards of care.
· Demonstrates ability to perform proficient IV skills and airway management.
· Ability to keep neat, accurate and concise records.
· Effective interpersonal and patient contact skills.
· Demonstrates knowledge of emergency drugs and conscious sedation guidelines.
· Ability to function in designated work areas within the identified areas of Emergency Department.
· Ability to anticipate the needs of co-workers and patients.
· Demonstrated competence in management, leadership and organizational skills.
· Must have excellent communication skills with the ability to build and lead a team.
· Must have computer experience working with a healthcare electronic documentation system is desirable.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Demonstrated knowledge of trauma life support standards of care.
· Demonstrated knowledge of emergency management/disaster preparedness standards.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Master’s degree in Nursing or related field.
· Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
· Minimum of five years’ emergency/critical care experience in a leadership role, including at least two years at the supervisory level (Clinical Manager equivalency or above).
· Minimum of three years’ experience in a trauma-designated emergency department.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Doctoral degree in Nursing
· Prior upper-level management experience (Director and above)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current license of Registered Nurse in Florida or licensure from another state with verification of application and eligibility for Florida licensure by endorsement
· Current AHA BLS
· Completion of NIMS training courses for Healthcare within six months of hire (NIMS 100, 200, 700 & 800 certification)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· Current TNCC certification
· Certification in Emergency Nursing
The Director, Emergency Deparmtent ensures 24-hour responsibility and accountability for clinical operations and fiscal management of emergency department operations (adult and pediatrics), off-site emergency sites and observation units including the planning, directing, coordinating and evaluating the delivery of care for safety, effectiveness and cost containment as outlined in the department policies and procedures. The director is responsible to ensure the departments maintain legal, professional and regulatory compliance including but not limited to ensuring the affiliated systems, equipment, processes, policies and procedures are developed and maintained in accordance with all current federal, state, local standards, The Joint Commission, State of Florida, CMS and/or other regulatory agencies. The director is responsible for ensuring the provision of the highest quality nursing services, regardless of the age, disability, economic status, gender, national origin, race, religion or health problems of the client served.Works collaboratively with senior leadership, physicians, departmental leaders and other community providers and partners as assigned (i.e. local law enforcement, EMS, Emergency Management, Disaster Preparedness etc, Performs all duties and other projects as assigned in line with AHS, hospital and regulatory practices, policies and procedures.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.