Some Regional Road Travel is Required in this Position - must be flexible
This "Patient Experience" Value-Based Healthcare Consultant Sr. will support the visionary healthcare experience across the care continuum to ensure the delivery of an exceptional experience to patients, caregivers, families, and staff. This person will serve as a senior consultant for a designated region, providing direction and counsel to leaders, caregivers and teams. This individual will be a regional senior consultant and a point of leadership that will be accountable for implementation and driving tangible results in delivering an exceptional experience.
Specific job duties and responsibilities may include:
1. Communicate the exceptional experience vision and strategy; grounded in both analytics-based understanding of needs and business dynamics / brand strategy to optimize experience and loyalty, in collaboration with facility/site leadership.
2. Execute Voice of the Patient activities (Patient and Family Advisory Councils), to continuously adjust to demand expectations, including standardizing the patient journey with improvement opportunities for the patient experience in all touch points, enabling delivery of a best-in-class experience.
3. Utilizing standard reporting, lead the measurement capture and optimization of key performance indicators to be implemented to gauge experience and loyalty effectiveness. Spends majority of the time in performance improvement, mentoring and coaching leaders and staff to achieve our ambition.
4. Collaborates with others in the Office of Patient Experience to identify and adopt new technology and other new initiatives (i.e. secret shopper program) to move toward timely data collection/analysis.
5. Provides a clear understanding of experience analytics and clearly articulates the science and direction behind the data.
6. Manage experience evaluation through an ongoing process, utilizing insights from analytics, usability audits, and research results, including patient experience metrics.
7. Mentors, coaches and partners closely with entity experience advisors, clinical/non-clinical leadership and system leadership to implement evidence-based programs, technologies and strategies to improve care delivery across the care continuum (entity experience council).
8. Cultivate a positive environment through managing for results and developing staff understanding/role in the BSWH Exceptional Experience Model.
9. Support relationship-centered communication (ART of Communication) through ongoing coaching/advocacy. Become Academy of Communication in Healthcare certified facilitators.
10. Advocate for integration of BSWH Exceptional Experience Model to drive exceptional experience, including branded experiences, service offerings and further opportunity identification.
11. Build linkages between the patient experience and team member engagement.
12. Tailor strategies to foster a best-in-class exceptional experience.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS The ideal Value-based Healthcare Consultant Sr. candidate will have knowledge of the tools and techniques of quality performance measurements; skilled in facilitation, coaching, consulting, influencing, and project management. A strategic thinker with investigative and problem resolution skills and strong verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
Must be able to work collaboratively and effectively, navigate strategic and operational challenges to achieve objectives and able to identify potential issues that will impede success and recommend and implement corrective action.
OTHER DETAILS - Location/Facility - Central Texas Region - Specialty/Department/Practice - Office of Patient Experience - Shift/Schedule - Full-time, Salaried Employee - Benefits - Our competitive benefits package includes immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits, 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%, tuition reimbursement and PTO accrual.
- EDUCATION - Bachelor's Degree is required
- EXPERIENCE - A minimum of 7 years related experience required
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!