"Intake and Scheduling LPN Full Time Days" AdventHealth Sebring
Location Address: 4200 Sun 'n Lake Boulevard Sebring, FL 33872
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Sebring
Up to $5000 Sign on Bonus
Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
Largest Employer in the County
Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida’s oldest State Park
Close knit community with a home town family feel
2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
Full Time Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
All essential functions must be performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Responds to requests for care from referring sources within the community in a timely manner.
· Receives new referrals and verifies information. Enters information into the computer system.
· Obtains information to verify insurance coverage and inform patients.
· Identifies primary and/or secondary payer of services.
· Participates in establishing the plan of treatment through direct communications with the patient’s physician by obtaining specific orders for care.
· Explains the function of the health team members who will implement the plan of treatment to the patient.
· Coordinates the start of care activities with the Team Supervisor.
· Communicates pertinent information and instructions for specific physician’s orders to health team members, including completion of the interdisciplinary referral.
· Responds to requests for additional information from regulatory agencies and fiscal intermediaries with review of information and, where appropriate, the preparation of additional medical information.
· Participates in committees as requested.
· Documents intake coordination activities according to department procedures.
· Makes appropriate referrals for patients not accepted for care.
· Obtains/compiles face-to-face information upon admission.
· Manages face-to-face process ensuring compliance with CMS requirements.
· Assigns cases to ordered disciplines and updates computer. Communicates appropriate information to staff.
· Schedules staff appropriately on an ongoing basis per physician orders. Ensures orders are documented for all scheduled disciplines.
· Monitors computer submissions of admissions and recertification to ensure timely submission. Notifies supervisor of late documents
· Prints updated patient list every Wednesday and Friday and distributes to appropriate staff. Ensures that list is up-to-date with current disaster codes, DNR status, staff assignments, etc.
· Provides assistance to Patient Care Supervisors as needed/requested. (Examples: fax labs, phone calls to DME companies, etc.)
· Answers and screens incoming calls. Relay messages to field staff.
· Provides back up assistance to other associates upon completion of duties or as assigned by supervisor.
· Enhances personal and professional growth through attendance at workshops, conferences and individual research and reading and/or participate in professional organizations.
· Adheres to all department policies, procedures, standards of patient care and department guidelines.
· Completes other tasks as requested by supervisor.
· Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need:
Graduate from nursing program.
At least two years of nursing experience.
Have excellent computer skills
At least one year of data entry, computer-related experience.
FL LPN License
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
At least (1) year of experience in home health or public health nursing.
Clerical experience preferably in a health care environment
Knowledge of hospitals discharge process.
This position assists in coordination of referrals and staff scheduling. The LPN coordinates receipt of referrals within the agency by conducting an initial phone assessment of the patient for appropriateness of and acceptance of the referral for home health services. The clinician who performs the admission will determine if the patient is admitted based on the initial assessment. This position is responsible for collecting patient clinical and demographic data, insurance or payer information, physician orders, face-to-face documentation and arranging for support services. This position coordinates the scheduling of team activities related to referrals, admissions, order changes, physician’s plan of care, and maintains current information in the computer system in an accurate and timely manner. Organizes documents for data input and reviews and verifies various source documents. Contacts resources within the agency to resolve system problems or inconsistencies that impact accuracy or deadlines in the processing of data. Performs clerical support functions for staff that may include maintaining or retrieving files and reports, responding to telephone calls and faxes, and assisting with special projects.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.