A rewarding career that fits your life. Banner Staffing Services offers a world of opportunities to make an impact on one of the country's leading health systems. If you're looking to leverage your abilities - you belong at Banner Staffing Services.
Banner Staffing Services (BSS) offers Registry/Per Diem opportunities within Banner Health. Registry/Per Diem positions are utilized as needed within our facilities. These positions offer flexibility in scheduling and are great way to start your career with Banner Health. As a BSS team member, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular opportunities within Banner Health.
As a valued and respected Banner Health team member, you will enjoy:
Flexible Schedules (select positions)
Fewer Shifts Cancelled
403(b) Pre-tax retirement
Employee Assistance Program
Employee wellness program
Discount Entertainment tickets
Auto Purchase Plan
Registry/Per Diem positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered . Registry/Per Diem positions require a minimum of 4 shifts a month commitment. Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education) is required.
POSITION SUMMARY This position processes internal and external requests and referrals for patient placement, services, and equipment from a centralized call center. Serves as a liaison between local patient care services, equipment providers and physicians, clinics, hospitals, third party payers, and other community agencies to support appropriate patient care.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Handles incoming requests for patient placement, referrals for new orders and refills, and/or requests for services. Receives and verifies requests and referrals, initiates insurance verification and gathers all information necessary for pre-certifications, authorizations, and certificates of medical necessity. Ensures that each patient meets admission criteria. Provides on-going follow-up of requests up to, and following, patient discharge.
2. Builds referrals using information in patient medical record to provide minimum data necessary to coordinate patient services.
3. Provides verbal and written instructions to patients, families, and coordinating resources regarding provision of products and services, reimbursement and patient financial responsibility.
4. Performs data entry of patient intake information into computer system. Records insurance information and authorization requirements and notes in the computer systems.
5. Coordinates requested services and referrals with service and equipment providers, as appropriate. Coordinates with pharmacy warehouse and clinical staff to ensure product availability and sets delivery expectations between patients and providers.
6. Facilitates problem solving with patients, hospitals, providers, referral sources, insurance companies, and clinical staff. Assists in the maintenance and communication of changing payor and referral source information specific to coordination of patient needs.
7. Incumbents in this position have extensive interaction with internal departments and external sources to coordinate patient services. Must be familiar with products and services offered in the surrounding community as well as within the company. The position does not develop or manage a budget.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. Requires literacy and basic math skills.
Must have a working knowledge of medical terminology and have familiarity with hospital operations. Must possess excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
Must be proficient with commonly use office software products and possess the ability to learn new software applications.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Previous experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.