Find your path in health care. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
TeleICU provides remote clinical support for 500+ ICU patients for 27 Banner facilities in 5 States utilizing various technology tools. This service involves Intensivists, ACNPs and eRNs providing clinical support for bedside teams by pro-actively trending, analyzing, and intervening to prevent possible adverse patient outcomes and supporting management of critical/emergent patients. In this position, you will be supporting the Telehealth ICU team by completing data entry, patient discharge paperwork, phone triage, and other administrative tasks.
Basic Life Support certification is required and prior hospital experience is preferred.
This is a full time (36 hours) night shift position: three 12's with rotating weekend coverage.
***This is not a remote position. The team is based out of our Mesa, AZ Corporate office, located on Country Club and Brown.
Banner Health leverages telehealth technology to improve patient care and support the rapid changes within the health care environment. Regardless of patient location, The Banner telehealth team responds to requests for help from bedside care teams, monitors for adverse trends and intervenes before adverse trends become adverse outcomes, monitors and supports "best practice" compliance and measures clinical outcomes.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for a variety of administrative support functions and customer service for multiple assigned facility/unit areas which promote and support an organized, efficient delivery of patient care workflow for Telehealth providers, Telehealth RNs, and the bedside facilities/units. The position facilitates communication between Telehealth physicians, Telehealth nurses and bedside physicians and nurses and triages calls received from all Banner system-wide Telehealth partnered facilities. This position acts as a liaison with all other Banner internal departments and external contacts including non-Banner healthcare systems. This position requires Telehealth specific patient care computer application skills and Telehealth data specific Admit, Discharge and Transfer (ADT) knowledge as this position is responsible for admitting patients in Telehealth remote monitoring specific system, and on-going patient ADT data collection for Banner-wide in-state and out-of-state Telehealth monitored facilities. The position provides a variety of unit support functions which contribute to the overall efficient operations of the Telehealth department.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Prioritizes high volume of incoming calls from multiple Banner facility units and triages the calls to the appropriate level of Telehealth patient care providers using Instant Messaging System following Telehealth-specific clinical phone call triage algorithms/guidelines. Performs clerical duties to support overall operating efficiency and effective flow of communication and information throughout the department.
2. Maintains competency of navigating through multiple monitoring systems and applications used in Telehealth for remote patient management for Banner system-wide facilities.
3. Enters accurate patient admit, transfer, and discharge information in Telehealth-specific system application for APACHE data collection which is used for bench marking performance measure for system-wide Banner Intensive Care Units. Notifies the appropriate RN staff of any admissions from multiple facility units and ensures that all abnormal EKG strips are scanned into patient's EMR for multiple facility units when necessary and per delegation.
4. Maintains adequate levels of office or dietary supplies and completes requisition forms when supplies need to be ordered. Reconciles supply order upon delivery per delegation.
5. Participates in Shared Leadership and may join Shared Leadership Council or other committees. Accommodates visitors and Telehealth operation related vendors and demonstrates technology and role of Telehealth HUC as needed or assigned.
6. Monitors System-wide Centralized Best Practice and communicates with Telehealth Intensivists and Banner facility units. Participates in various pilot or trial projects for Banner system-wide or specific facilities.
7. Uses skilled communication and promotes collegiality between internal and external staff, providers, and leaders in order to achieve optimal clinical and operational outcomes.
8. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops/training sessions and completing all mandatory education as and if required.
9. This position works under local supervision and has responsibility for multiple assigned units and facilities. Incumbents work in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment with a strong focus on customer service and positive change adaptation. Interacts with other facility staff at all levels including physicians and nursing staff throughout Banner facilities.
This position requires knowledge normally attained with completion of a High School Diploma or equivalent.
Requires skills and abilities typically attained with one year of medical clerical experience; preferably in a hospital or physician office setting. Must possess excellent organizational skills, as well as effective human relations, communication skills and positive openness to changes. Working knowledge of medical terminology and computer literacy is required. The position requires knowledge of commonly used office software and keyboarding skills.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Successful completion of an approved unit secretary program.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R26106
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.