Manage the personnel, operations and financial activities of assigned areas of responsibility. Manages the overall operating effectiveness and has direct responsibility for functions including Patient/Guest Relations, Customer Service, and Volunteer Services. Addresses patient complaints by accepting, screening, reviewing, facilitating and confirming patient complaints. Utilizes the DMC's complaint tracking system to provide documentation supporting actual cases. Functions as an administrative liaison, representing the leadership in areas related to patient/guest relations and customer service. Reviews and summarizes patient/guest complaints and provides reports to hospital leadership. Meets and works with department/unit managers as an internal consultant for service recovery. Provides support for service excellence initiatives. Collaborates with other DMC hospital programs and initiatives with system-wide emphasis. Identifies the need for policy/procedure development and/or revision, defines policies in collaboration with higher level management input, goals and objectives. Develops, monitors and revises functional processes in accordance with goals and objectives. Provides input into the development and revision of organizational structure for areas of responsibility. Approves personnel actions such as hires, fires, disciplines, etc. Ensures the timely completion of performance appraisals. Develops current to intermediate goals and measures for areas of responsibility. Measures and assesses performance. As requested, assists in long-range goal development. Develops and monitors budget for areas of responsibility. At DRH Acts primary agent of psychiatric patient recipient rights and ensure patients are treated with dignity as outlined in the Michigan Mental Health Code. Develop and maintain the recipient rights program including the development and revision of policies and procedures. Provide training to inpatient psychiatric unit personnel. Conduct investigations of complaints and ensure appropriate documentation is maintained. Maintain data related to recipient rights records and reports and ensure information is submitted to outside agencies as required.
Monitors activities for and ensures compliance with laws, government regulations, Joint Commission requirements and DMC policies. As directed, implements external and internal audit recommendations. Ensures hospital departments achieve objectives for diversity of their suppliers.
1. Bachelor's degree in Health Care Administration, Public Relations, Liberal Arts, Human Services, Psychology or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
2. Three years of progressively more responsible hospital experience including oversight/supervision of front line staff, experience with customer service, patient/guest relations and volunteer programs.
1. Analytical ability to serve in an advisory/consultative role in determining and/or developing strategies, policies, processes, protocols and methods, frequently in the absence of guidelines or technical assistance, and to evaluate and direct complex systems that foster innovative approaches to procedures/processes.
2. Communication and interpersonal skills for frequent contact with internal customers as well as stakeholders external to the DMC to persuade or negotiate on a wide range of subjects in situations which may be controversial, sensitive and/or lead to confrontation. A mastery of a variety of communication modalities is required to include leading meetings, making formal presentations, and writing complex documents and managing complex relationships over time.
3. Project management skills including the ability to define program, project, or process objectives, identify stakeholders and their interests, plan steps, coordinate and allocate human, technological and fiscal resources to accomplish goals and objectives in a resourceful yet timely manner.
Leadership skills including demonstrated willingness to pursue leadership roles with increasing levels of accountability, comfort with decision-making responsibilities, coaching, teaching and counseling skills, and the ability to inspire and build confidence in others and to forge alliances and garner support.
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2105005281
About DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.