Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
As an IT Solution Analyst IV for Domain will have advanced skills and experience in Cerner domains for core and environment complexities with the ability to build positions and manage complex environments within the domains.
As an, IT Solution Analyst IV - Domain you will partner with all applications to support IT requirements and translate those to a solution designs supporting the technical needs with the Cerner environment. You will help build trusted solutions that can provide a great user experience that keeps Banner Health and our patients safe. Your experience creating solutions utilizing existing technology, purchased technology, or newly created technology will help you quickly interpret requirements and determine the reuse/buy/build decision. You will design the integrations between business or clinical systems for the Cerner platform to provide a seamless user experience with consideration for the security and privacy of health care information.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options, so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is a high level strategic contributor with expertise in selected business and healthcare processes and is responsible for formulating system scope and objectives relative to the business requirements utilizing previous clinical expertise. Acts independently or as leader of a team to provide knowledge, guidance, research and fact-finding expertise to define, design and modify specifications and processes of complex information systems. Responsible for establishing system documentation standards and quality assurance methodologies for systems and applications. May be responsible for team's daily operations.
1. Business Outcomes: Identifies, investigates, tracks, and resolves multi-level project, system or application errors ensuring the resolution is timely with a high degree of accuracy and quality. Determines and designs end user training and curriculum for applications and systems. Facilitates the initial rollout and ongoing training of the user community. Defines strategic areas of responsibility. Plans and decides upon the reassigning and restructuring of significant organizational resources. Influences and sponsors cross-organizational decisions on work prioritization, resource allocation and long-range standards of performance. Takes decisive action to either create opportunities or minimize potential problems. Proactively addresses next steps, upcoming issues and obstacles. Takes calculated, high level risks that commit significant organizational resources to deliver significant business outcomes.
2. Technology Standards: Designs and administers complex standards and policies regarding application and end user customer documentation. Ensures that department and company standards are implemented and consistently adhered to. Responsible to create technical documents to include- process maps, Business Requirement Documents, system diagrams, application maps, test plans, etc. Provides guidance and oversight to the development of fully integrated testing scenarios. Monitors change management documentation and ensures that approvals are managed according to departmental procedures and ITIL standards.
3. Innovation and Futures: Leads a team of information technology professionals, end user customers and vendors to assemble request for information/proposal (RFI/RFP), return on investment (ROI) calculations, capital or operating budgets data or other high-level strategic specifications and documents. Identifies and acts upon opportunities for continuous improvement. Encourages exploration of alternative approaches. Demonstrates personal commitment to change through actions and words. Mobilizes others to support change through times of stress and uncertainty.
4. Advisor and Partner: Provides leadership for company staff, information technology staff and various committees guiding the design, implementation and maintenance of complex application and system specifications and processes. Participates and may lead taskforces to plan, implement, and coordinate facility activities to maximize information technology service quality, effectiveness and efficiency. Maintains current professional and technical knowledge related to the healthcare industry by attending educational workshops/conferences, establishing personal networks, and/or maintaining relevant certification or licensure as business needs require.
5. Communication: Presents difficult or complex ideas clearly and effectively, translating complex technical concepts into laymen terms. Relates complex issues and articulates in a straightforward manner. Communicates effectively with a wide variety of technical and business audiences. Considered an excellent public speaker and communicator. Presents information or ideas to the interests, level and needs of the audience. Actively engages participants and encourages input. Promotes and facilitates free and open communication. Adapts choice of language and presentation of ideas to fit various needs and perspectives of audiences.
6. Measurements: Ensures Key Performance Indicators are supported and tracked in all levels of work effort. Clearly defines success and implements the measurements to understand when success is achieved. Leads team in identification of improvements to increase KPI compliance.
Uses performance metrics and management observation to identify opportunities for mentoring and developing others. Ensures that employees receive the appropriate level of coaching and mentoring across their area of responsibility. Monitors the effectiveness of coaching and develops required skills in assigned staff.
7. Strategic/Leadership: Provides expertise and guidance to the user community and mentors junior members of the department. Is expected to work autonomously, and have minimal interaction with their Leader with regards to daily operations. Clearly defines mutual expectations of self and others. Takes appropriate actions to ensure obligations are met. Revises standards in response to change. Develops, directs, coaches, mentors, and reinforces team members in line with the mission, vision, values, goals, and performance standards of formal and informal teams. Encourages and facilitates cooperation and results-orientation. Fosters an environment of collaboration. Inspires, motivates, and guides team members. Fosters commitment, team spirit, pride, and trust. Allocates team roles and accountabilities.
Takes actions that support and drive a team-oriented approach. Recognizes and encourages team behavior that supports achievement of the organization's business strategy and desired culture. Employs cross-team collaboration to share new technologies and best practices that support fast, effective introduction or modifications of programs, services and approaches. Acts as a role model by consistently demonstrating high level team behavior and giving credit to team members for their contributions.
8. Customer Service: Mentors team members to put the needs of the customer and the team at the center of decision making. Consistently displays awareness and sensitivity to the needs of internal and/or external customers. Leads the team to analyze results to ensure needs are met or exceeded. Consistently displays awareness and sensitivity to the needs of internal and/or external clients. Proactively ensures these needs are met or exceeded.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, ITIL and Service Management standards as well as applicable professional standards.
9. This position has high level responsibility for selected information applications or systems. Work is performed in a fast-paced multi-tasked environment where there may be conflicting priorities or tight deadlines. The incumbent has decision-making authority for projects and applications and works at peer level across diverse areas and multiple states. The incumbent participates in meetings, presentations, visioning sessions, strategic and planning sessions, implementation activities, and supports functions company-wide.
Requires a Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience and current valid clinical license, certification, or credential in state of practice.
Must also have in-depth knowledge of concepts within job function as would normally be obtained in seven plus years work experience in a healthcare environment. Must demonstrate general knowledge of information technology and healthcare. Needs experience in medium scale project planning and reporting, either individual or team. Requires communication and presentation skills to engage technical and non-technical audiences. Requires ability to communicate and interact across facilities and at various levels. Incumbent will have skills to mentor less experienced team members.
As is typical in this industry, variable shifts and hours and carrying/responding to a pager may be required.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R17702
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.