Great options and great opportunities. Excellent pay and benefits, multiple practice settings, employment options to meet every need, and some of the best nurse-to-patient ratios you will find anywhere. Apply today.
Banner Desert Medical Center provides Level III obstetrical services only with a Level 1 Trauma center servicing the high risk patient in the East Valley . There are 10 OB Triage bays, 4 OB OR's, 4 PACU's, 14 LDR, 29 Antepartum and 24 couplet are beds. We have a diverse population of patients that include high and low risk obstetrical patients. We have a family centered care model with an interdisciplinary team approach. Our care includes 24-hour Maternal Fetal Medicine coverage, OB anesthesia, CNM and inhouse Ob providers.
As the Clinical Nurse Specialist at Banner Desert Medical Center Women's Center, you have the unique opportunity to be part of a high-risk level III service line, drive quality and research for this high risk population. Our level 1 Trauma destination with the largest NICU in Arizona provides a unique opportunity to partner with multidisciplinary teams and develop evidenced based practices. The opportunity of our patient demographic is endless. Our nurses also have a great opportunity to be involved in a shared leadership program which is greatly involved in process improvement and positive change within our unit. Take the next step of your nursing journey and joining our amazing team where our families are at the center of our care.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life
Located on an 80-acre campus in Mesa, Arizona, Banner Desert Medical Center is one of Arizona's largest and most comprehensive hospitals and is recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix's Best Hospitals. We provide an abundance of exceptional opportunities with more than 600 licensed beds, including over 100 dedicated to children. Areas of excellence include high-risk pregnancy and neonatal care, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, cardiology, oncology and emergency medicine. With 21 operating rooms, we offer a full range of surgical specialties and advanced technology that includes the daVincir Surgical System. About Banner Cardon Children's Medical Center If you desire to provide the best care possible to the most vulnerable patients, come to Cardon Children's Medical Center in Mesa, Ariz. Within our 248-bed, state-of-the-art facility, specially trained nurses, physicians and other clinical professionals utilize the most advanced technology - including iCare ICU monitoring and robotic surgery - to provide high quality, child-friendly, family-centered care. Our facilities feature a recently expanded 104-bed NICU, a 24-bed PICU, six pediatric ORs and a 26-bed ED. We also offer dedicated pediatric rehab, radiology, oncology and hematology capabilities. With clinical diversity, exceptional training programs and a supportive culture, this is a place where you can grow in your career as you help our very special patients.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is educationally and clinically prepared to provide a scope of services to specialized patient populations as an advance practice registered nurse. Clinical expertise in a specialty is the essence of all CNS practice. Integrates care across the patient, nurse, and system spheres of influence. Uses influence in each sphere to improve patient outcomes and nursing care through individual mentoring and system changes that empower nurses to implement evidence-based care practices, facilitate ethical decision making, and respond to diversity. This position works within the scope specified by the applicable State Board of Nursing Scope of Practice, as well as the organization's medical staff bylaws.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides comprehensive nursing care by promotion of health, prevention of illness and injury, and alleviation of suffering through the diagnosis and treatment of human response. Conducts comprehensive and holistic assessments using evidence-based technology, tools, and methods. Integrates assessment findings to develop differential diagnoses of illness problems and plans of care. Plans for systematic investigation of patient problems. Implements interventions based on the unique and diverse needs of individuals, families, and groups. Consults for a wide range of needs, including complex patient problems, program development, staff development, and system changes.
2. Demonstrates expertise in nursing by synthesizing a broad array of information and knowledge from a wide variety of sources and brings that synthesis to bear on nursing practice. Demonstrates clinical expertise within specialty-based advance nursing practice. Serves as a resource and support to enhance the body of nursing knowledge. Follows current practice competencies and evidence-based practice standards in the area of specialty. Contributes to evidence-based practice through generating, translating, and/or implementing research. Discovers, examines, and evaluates knowledge and theory. Serves as a change agent when introducing and integrating evidence-based practices. Participates in unit and/or facility shared leadership.
3. Integrates knowledge, diagnostic reasoning, and critical thinking skills to make effective decisions that enhance nursing practice and quality of care. Uses clinical inquiry to determine appropriate clinical practice. Integrates critical thinking skill with systems knowledge, educational commitment, and leadership ability.
4. Translates evidence into nursing practice. Uses evidence to implement changes in nursing practice that contribute to nurse sensitive and cost effective outcomes. Discovers, examines, and evaluates knowledge and theory. Serves as a change agent when introducing and integrating evidence-based practices.
5. Influences the quality of clinical practice in area of expertise. Interprets and applies dimensions of nursing care requirements at a local and system level. Recognizes opportunities for improved outcomes and develops interventions that will achieve desired outcomes for patient care. Generates evidence of dependable, cost effective care through outcome measurements.
6. Contributes to profession and society through activities that lead to excellent patient outcomes through timely, effective, efficient, equitable and safe care. Adheres to the ANA code of ethics for nurses. Exhibits organizational stewardship through efficient use of health care resources. Assists with monitoring, evaluation and interpretation of quality indicators. Functions using the standards of professional performance including collegiality, interdisciplinary collaboration, coaching /guidance/empowerment, and consultation. Adheres to quality measures/standards as defined by regulatory/licensure bodies, and interprets dimensions of nursing care requirements at local and system level.
7. May supervise other staff in coordinating the activities of patient care, depending on work assignment.
8. This position functions independently as an advance nursing clinical expert in patient treatment and diagnosis and the delivery of evidence-based nursing interventions. Internal customers include nursing staff, medical staff, and physicians. External customers primarily include patients and families. When planning CNE events, follows all the requirements of ANA and ANCC.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Must possess knowledge of clinical care and patient treatment as normally obtained through the completion of masters degree in nursing.
Requires current RN license in state of practice. Must be certified to practice by the State Board of Nursing as a certified nurse specialist within specialty area. Requires current BLS certification.
Demonstrates proficiency in computer applications and database management. Exhibits an exemplary professional demeanor and interpersonal relationship skills.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS DNP or PhD preferred. Previous relevant experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R12750
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.