The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we're excited about what the future holds for health care. That's why we're changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. Our team has come together with the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. The future of health care starts here. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you. Apply today.
Do you want to make an impact? Do you want to make a difference? Do you want a rewarding profession? If you have answered yes to these questions then I ask you to come join our Sterile Processing Department at Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix a level-1 Magnet trauma teaching hospital. Being part of the SPD team puts you in an environment that supports patient care and allows you to continue to grow within the Banner family and as a Lead Sterile Processing Tech, you will have a direct impact on the department and the growth of other techs. You will provide services in the decontamination and sterile processing areas whenever monitoring of sterilizers is needed. As the Sterile Processing Lead you will collaborate with OR staff to provide sterile instruments and equipment needed for operative procedures. You will be assisting with ongoing inventory of sterile supplies, equipment, schedule completion and communication for the department. In this role, you will perform duties in an independent manner with little or no supervision. As the Subject Matter Expect, you will have thorough knowledge of instrumentation, equipment and supplies. If you're ready for the next step in your career apply now.
HOURS: Monday-Friday 2:30p-11:00pm.
* The Sterile Processing Tech Lead is eligible a night shift differential of 18% after 7pm.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
University Medical Center Phoenix Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix is a nationally recognized academic medical center. The world-class hospital is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities and nurturing future generations of highly trained medical professionals. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet(tm) recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The Phoenix campus, long known for excellent patient care, has over 730 licensed beds, a number of unique specialty units and is the new home for medical discoveries, thanks to our collaboration with the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix. Additionally, the campus responsibilities include fully integrated multi-specialty and sub-specialty clinics, and with a new $400 million campus investment, a new patient tower and 2 new clinic buildings will be built.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for prioritizing, inventory and coordinating activities associated with a specific service line. Develop, implement, and manage an effective, cost-contained system for the procurement, processing and distribution of medical supplies, equipment and instruments for assigned service line.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. May perform all duties of the departmental technicians, as needed.
2. Applies judgment in determining the priority level of instrumentation and equipment requests for a specific specialty service line or shift. Recommends scheduling of procedures based on equipment and instrument needs to ensure effective patient flow
3. Coordinates with department staff in assuring service line priorities are met and completed in a timely manner.
4. Possesses in-depth knowledge of service line/shift and precepts new employees at all levels regarding service line with respect to specific issues and troubleshooting.
5. Oversees assigned service line in a competent and professional manner. Investigates, proposes solutions, follows through with issues from various department staff such as sterile processing, OR, floors, and ED to ensure safe effective patient care. Confirms problem resolution
6. Responsible for reviewing current and future OR schedules, projects future equipment and instrument needs, and ensures instruments will be processed and ready
7. Inventories instrumentation and trays for service line and orders appropriate replacements or additional depending on usage. Collaborates with OR Manager on number of tray sets and instruments needed.
8. Departmental responsibility. Incumbent assists the Operating Room and other areas in the procurement of medical supplies, instruments, and sterile processing issues. Internal customers are other company staff, physicians, patients, visitors, managers, and executives. External customers are vendors, patients, visitors, other facilities, and non-company medical facilities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires national certification as a SPD Technician, Certified Registered Central Service Technician or Surgical Instrument Processor.
Requires proficiency level typically acquired with 2 years of sterile processing experience including knowledge of surgical instrumentation, patient related supplies, materials and equipment, aseptic and sterilization techniques. Must have mechanical aptitude with the ability to break down moving parts, clean, lubricate and reassemble. Must have mechanical aptitude with the ability to break down moving parts, clean, lubricate and reassemble, problem solve incomplete trays and missing instrumentation and have effective organizational, communication and human relation skills as the incumbent will be coordinating several projects simultaneously and working closely with all levels of staff.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Previous leadership experience and computer skills are preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R4354
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.