The PC Support Technician is responsible for basic installation and troubleshooting of personal computer hardware and software within a LAN environment. Participates, as a technical resource needed in both large and small projects. Functions as a point of technical services contact for Information Services and is accountable for technical service request resolution. Helps to educate individuals in and outside the IS department as it relates to information systems and services.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
* Ensure that assigned requests are compatible and consistent with the standards of information systems and in compliance with established architectural and technical standards.
* Acts as a point of contact for management and staff in assigned areas related to technical and IS services.
* Serves as a resource to provide available technical expertise as it pertains to project related tasks.
* Develops and maintains a high level of expertise and competence in the proper technical procedures used to enhance and maintain the technical environment.
* Install personal computers and related hardware.
* Investigate hardware problems and perform advanced system hardware and LAN communication repair.
* Install and troubleshoot personal computer software.
* Participate as a technical resource for project related tasks.
* Maintain information systems hardware and software inventory.
* Escalate all service requests and change orders that may require additional resources for timely closure or escalated priority.
* Uphold technical standards for all hardware, software and LAN as designated by corporate technical standard policies and procedures.
* Complies with all IS Policies, Procedures and Standards including: Project Management tools/methodologies, Network/Systems/Workstation Security, HIPAA Privacy and Security Regulations associated with Electronic Protected Health Information (ePHI).
* Active participation in a rotating on call schedule/ Adherence to on call coverage responsibilities
* Strong knowledge of PC hardware and software.
* Basic knowledge of network systems.
* Strong knowledge of PC installation requirements.
* Good analytical, logical thinking and problem-solving skills.
* Good communications skills, both verbal and written.
* Previous experiences with direct, in-person user support.
* Prefer experience in a healthcare environment.
* A+ Certification or equivalent
* Ongoing support Microsoft Windows (Office 365, W7, W10 etc.)
* Microsoft Networking Essentials (preferred)
* HS diploma or equivalent
Internal Number: MEM002910
About MemorialCare Health System
Let us introduce ourselves. We're MemorialCare, a nonprofit health system that includes four hospitals, two medical groups, imaging centers, surgical centers and much more. As one of the leading health systems in Orange County and Los Angeles County, we're confident that no matter what your needs are, we have the teams, tools and know-how to support you every step of the way.