The Swedish Cancer Institute is looking for a Research Nurse Coordinator \(1\.0FTE / Day shift\) to work at the First Hill campus in Seattle, WA\.
This position will coordinate patient care throughout the entire study for all clinical and non\-clinical procedures\. Conduct chart reviews to evaluate patients for clinical eligibility of cancer clinical research trials\. Conduct clinical assessments as required, educate patient and their family regarding the clinical procedures; educate the investigators and study staff regarding study content and status\. Measure and monitor patient compliance to study requirements including drug accountability\. Manage patient side effects of the investigational\. Attend training for new clinical trials\. Enforce patient compliance and study procedures\. Present clinical update at staff meetings\. Document patient clinical assessments in an electronic medical record\. Familiarity with EPIC a plus\. Hematology and solid tumor background a must\.
In this position you will:
- Work with study investigators and supervisor to address study related issues\.
- Back up other coordinators as needed\.
- Train other research coordinators in the proper conduct of research studies\.
- Participate in quality control activities\.
- Infuse therapies
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing Baccalaureate degree \(BSN\) from an accredited school of nursing\.
- Applicants without a BSN degree must actively pursue and attain a BSN within 6 years of hire\.
- Continued employment by Swedish beyond 6 years is contingent upon attaining the BSN degree
- Current Washington State RN License
- Minimum 2 years experience within specified research field
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Oncology or Chemotherapy certification highly preferred
- Previous experience in any of the following disciplines: Hematology/GI/GU/GYN/Lung/Breast
About the First Hill Campus\.
The 697\-bed tertiary\-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health\-care system\. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington state and houses a Level III neonatal intensive\-care unit\. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Research Nursing
Req ID: 150781