Providence is calling a Field Manager to Providence Health & Services in Tarzana, CA.
We are seeking a Field Manager to be responsible for day to day observation and documentation of Contractor or (Sub) Contractor operations to ensure compliance with contract documents, safety and field coordination with operations. Typical project sizes range up to $1 billion dollars.
In this position you will:
- Be responsible for oversight of work among assigned trades to promote a coordinated project operation. Resolve local problems regarding procedures, design clarifications, adequate labor and equipment, schedule and all other associated matters.
- Be responsible for daily inspection of the project with focus on safety and infection control.
- Utilize your ability to read and interpret construction documents such as specifications, contracts, shop drawings, and blueprints to determine construction requirements and develop plan procedures for execution.
- Provide oversight of site safety as required and ensure general subcontractors comply with all applicable safety codes and regulations.
- Inspect and monitor compliance of infection control procedures during construction.
- Review and approve schedules and determine sequencing of work. Develop and implement recovery strategies to keep the project on schedule.
- Provide regular project updates so that the project meets goals and timelines, including but not limited to, investigating and resolving any field issues.
- This is a project based position that will end upon completion of project, which is estimated to be in 2022 or 2023.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Six (6) or more years of onsite commercial construction experience with three (3) years in a health care setting. A blend of education and experience will be considered.
- Valid driver's license.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, architecture or business management.
- ASHE: Certified Healthcare Constructor (CHC).
- LEED certification.
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Audit / Legal / Risk
Req ID: 143441