Providence is calling a Complex Care Management Coordinator ( Full Time / Day Shift ) at our Providence Medical Institute location in Mission Hills, CA.
In this position you will:
- Serve as an integral part of the care management team that is responsible for managing and coordinating care for high risk patients, special needs.population that are assigned from the health plans and managing Dual Care patients.
- Verify eligibility and benefits, make outreach calls, track responses in care management systems.
- Assist the nurse case manager in developing care plans, assist in care coordination, help with patient appointments, schedule nurse care manager assignments, assist with referrals, participate in IDCT meetings, create referrals to health plan programs related to diagnosis, provide patient education, urgent care, PCP follow up information and other issues related to chronic disease care management.
- Serve as a liaison between patients, nurse care managers and the organization.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- One to two years of experience in a clinic, hospital or related health care industry in a managed care environment.
- Ability to use 10-key calculator by touch.
- Type 45-50 wpm.
- Computer skills and data entry experience.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, handle heavy phones, be organized and self-starter.
- Ability to deal with confidential matters and the ability to work in a mutli-task, fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (i.e, Word, Excel, and Outlook).
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Knowledge of HMO/Medicare/Medi-Cal insurances.
- Knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT coding.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Spanish Bilingual.
About the location you will serve:
Providence Health & Services Southern California is further developing its physician integration strategy. Historically, the largest asset has been Providence Medical Institute, a medical foundation that provides administrative and other support services to affiliated medical groups. Providence Medical Institute is expected to grow significantly in the next several years, bringing with it facilities, staff and physician growth to support that objective.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Administrative Support (Clinical)
Location: California-Mission Hills
Req ID: 148807