Providence is calling a Registered Nurse to the Alaska Cares Clinic at Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, AK.
Responsible for the assessment, examination and documentation of findings for children and teens where there is an allegation of child maltreatment.
In this position you will:
- Be accountable for the delivery of quality care to children 0-18, according to the individualized needs of the patient and following the nursing process in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act.
- Be competent to access and analyze patient information and history with an understanding of the cognitive, physical, cultural, emotional/psychosocial, spiritual, and chronological maturation process.
- Accept and promote professional development as an integral part of nursing practice.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with team members and investigators to ensure sensitive response to children and families in crisis.
- Practice under protocols of the Medical Director.
- Review preliminary information, obtain history, interview the patient or caretaker, perform a physical forensic medical examination and colposcopy.
- Review/evaluate colposcopic images with other program medical provider to establish diagnosis, determine appropriate treatment and referral plan for medical problems.
- Communicate with child protective services caseworkers, law enforcement officers and prosecutors regarding physical exam findings.
- Provide testimony in court regarding patient care and medical-forensic exam findings.
- Perform lab testing for patients based on the medical-forensic history provided by the patient.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Must be a graduate of an accredited/approved school of nursing.
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Alaska at time of hire.
- Four years experience as a Registered Nurse.
- Schedule varies to meet department needs.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks, and work with a variety of health unit teams.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Sexual Assault Response Team (SART) / Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) training.
- Experience working in the field of sexual abuse/sexual assault.
About Forensic Nursing Services
Forensic Nursing Services of Providence involves working directly with patients who are reporting a history of interpersonal violence such as sexual assault and domestic violence. Dedication to multidisciplinary teamwork is essential as members of FNSP collaborate with law enforcement investigators and rape crisis advocates to meet the broad range of needs of the patients.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Nursing - Other
Req ID: 140874