LifeSouth Community Blood Centers is currently seeking a skilled individual for a Laboratory Services Manager position in our Immunohematology Reference Laboratory in Atlanta, GA. The selected candidate will have an opportunity to help grow and develop a new lab to expand its services. This position is responsible for overseeing all laboratory testing activities performed in the LifeSouth facility. This includes meeting the needs of customers for accurate, timely and high-quality immunohematology reference laboratory testing and services. This position is also responsible for providing oversight for compliance with established laboratory policies, governmental regulatory requirements – including CLIA, HIPAA and state regulations – and accrediting organizations such as the AABB.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as main point of contact to advise and consult with hospital blood banks/transfusion services, ordering physicians and other concerned persons regarding these services. Ensure effective customer service to both internal and external contacts
- Perform duties of a technologist in immunohematology
- Provide day-to-day supervision of the IRL staff
- Oversee hiring, scheduling and staffing ratios for assigned departments
- Provide technical oversight for the Hospital Services and Components departments
- Prepare justification for personnel and for equipment requests; assist executive staff with developing annual budget proposals; oversee department expenditures in accordance with budget allocations
- Assist the QA department to ensure compliance with standards, regulations and procedures; ensure staff participation in QA program in the interest of donor and patient safety
- Ensure the Medical Office is promptly informed about situations that endanger the health of a patient, donor or fellow employee and, when applicable, take immediate steps to correct the situation
- Maintain scientific and technical knowledge from current sources, such as AABB standards, FACT/NETCORD standards and applicable federal and state regulations
- This position may be expected to be frequently on call to fulfill the needs and obligations of the position
- Bachelor’s degree in clinical laboratory, chemical or biological science
- SBB Certification
- Five years of clinical laboratory experience at a licensed, certified or accredited facility
- Previous supervisory experience
- Master’s degree may compensate for less experience
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to organize and manage time effectively of self and team members
- Excellent teamwork and leadership skills
- Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Master’s degree
This is a full-time position. Starting salary range is $85,000 - $93,500 annually. Reimbursement for relocation expenses negotiable. Background check and drug test required. Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/DFWP/Tobacco Free. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
The position description may not include all the duties and responsibilities of the job. Duties and responsibilities that are not listed, but which the employee may be expected to perform, will fall within the scope of the skills, knowledge and training for the position.
LifeSouth is a Drug-Free and Tobacco-Free Workplace. LifeSouth is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor as well as an affirmative action employer and provides equal opportunity to all persons, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, disability, status as a protected veteran, national origin, color, or any other classification in accordance with federal, state, and local statutes, regulations and ordinances. Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as LifeSouth desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. LifeSouth complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
If you require any assistance to complete the application process or during the interview due to a disability, please contact the LifeSouth region where you are applying or call 1-888-795-2707 to request an accommodation. If you have questions regarding the information contained in this job posting call 1-888-795-2707 and ask to speak to the Talent & Recruitment Coordinator. Applications may be completed at a LifeSouth facility or mailed to corporate headquarters in lieu of the on-line application process.