Research Specialist (Regulatory) - Cancer Center (Job ID #77005)
University of Illinois Cancer Center
The University of Illinois Cancer Center is seeking candidates for Research Specialist (Regulatory) positions. These positions contribute to the design and delivery of research protocols and collaborate with researchers to develop, execute, and interpret research protocols. Position also creates and processes appropriate documents through the university systems for protocol initial and continued use in the clinics.
- Collaborate with Principal Investigators and researchers to develop and implement objectives and design of research protocols in the Cancer Center Oncology Clinical Trials Office (OCTO). Creates and reviews documentation for institutional approval of: protocols, physicians, and clinical staff to open and/or continue participation in clinical research protocols from national clinical trials, industry, external agencies, and internal sources.
- Implement complex data collection and tracking mechanisms necessary for clinical research compliance with FDA, NCI, UIC and sponsored guidelines.
- Replicate, refine and add new research approaches based on project needs. Test, customize and implement new methods, procedures, and techniques.
- Monitor project developments on an ongoing basis. Propose and implement change as needed.
- Keep current on legislation, rules, regulations, procedures, and development; educate physicians and staff regarding changes related to clinical research protocols, university staff, affiliates, and patients.
- Contribute material, prepare reports, and assist in the writing of research findings for papers, presentations, and other documents.
- Assist Principal Investigator in protocol submission.
- Guide, train, and advise other staff members and students on techniques, methods, and procedures.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in science or related field required; master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years of related research experience; clinical trials office experience a plus.
- Possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge of research principles, concepts, practices, and methods; proficient in research development and implementation.
- Training or experience with computerized information retrieval systems and other computer software programs, preferably in an academic or health care setting.
- Must have strong communication (oral and written), interpersonal and organization skills.
For fullest consideration apply by 3/24/17 at jobs.uic.edu/job-board/job-details?jobID=77005&job=research-specialist-cancer-center
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.